Authors should submit their article by e-mail in MS Word format to the email address email@example.com. The authors should submit the following files:
– a cover page – including the title of the paper, the name and affiliation of all contributing authors (the order should reflect the authors’ contribution, and for equal contributions the order should be alphabetical) with clear identification of the corresponding author, and acknowledgements (the authors are required to mention all sources of funding, to acknowledge any support received (data collection, analyses, editing etc.) (Refer also to Publication ethics).
– an MS Word document with the blind version of the paper – including only the paper’s title, abstract, key words, JEL codes and body.
– a Statement of the fact that the paper has not been previously published, in English or another language, that the paper is the work of all and only the listed authors, that the work is original and that all the work of others is appropriately acknowledged.
The author(s) must ensure that the submitted manuscript is grammatically correct, without spelling errors.
The required general submission format is as follows:
- Language of the paper: English;
• Length of the abstract: 150-200 words;
• Content of the abstract: the abstract must include the research objectives and must present the contributions to the field. Authors should also supply 4-6 keywords that reflect the specificity of the paper, and adequate JEL codes;
• Recommended length of the paper: 5,000-10,000 words;
• Body of the paper: papers must include an overview of the appropriate literature, and present the paper’s motivation, research questions and method, findings, analyses of results, and contributions.
Headings – should be concise, numbered, with a clear distinction in the hierarchy of headings (1, 2, then 1.1, 1.2, and 1.1.1, 1.1.2 etc. if needed). The abstract is not included in the section numbering.
Figures – all figures should be in black, white and grey. They should be of high quality, labeled and numbered consecutively. Large figures (one page or so) should be presented as Appendix.
Tables – all tables should be prepared in MS Word (editable, not as images). All tables should be labeled and numbered consecutively. Large tables (one page or larger) should be presented as Appendices.
Appendices – if there is more than one appendix, they should be identified as A, B, etc.
Footnotes/Endnotes – Endnotes should be used if necessary. The use of footnotes is restricted only to the corresponding author’s details in the final version of the paper.
References – the Journal adopted the Harvard system for referencing, meaning that the name of the author and the date of publication are used as a key to the full bibliographical details which are set out in the references. Submissions should include a reference list (containing all and only the sources cited in the paper) whose format conforms to the following examples:
Example of a book presentation
Kaplan, R.S. & Norton, D.P. (2001) The Strategy-Focused Organization: How Balanced Scorecard Companies Thrive in the New Business Environment, Boston: Harvard Business School Press
Example of an article presentation
Kaplan, R.S. & Norton, D.P. (2004) „How strategy maps frame an organization’s objectives”, Financial Executive, vol. 20, no. 2: 40-45
Example of a document consulted on the Internet
Kellen, V. (2003) „Business performance measurement – at the crossroads of strategy, decision-making, learning and information visualization”, available on-line at www.kellen.net/bpm.htm (one must provide the entire path for the documented consulted and, eventually, the date of the consultation)
By submitting a manuscript, the authors agree that the copyright has been assigned to the Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems. The Editorial Board assumes no responsibility for the content of the published articles.
The papers published and the issues in which they were published will be sent to authors in an electronic version. Printed issues might be sent upon request. Shipping fees may apply.
There is no submission of publication fee.